The City of Scottville has ordinances, or local laws, put in place to serve the community at large and make the city a safe and hospitable place to live, work, and visit. Below you’ll find links to the complete City of Scottville Code or Ordinances as well as quick links commonly referenced ordinances.
- City of Scottville Code or Ordinances (main)
New, Seasonal, and Commonly Referenced Ordinances:
- Fire Pit Ordinance
- Fireworks Ordinance
- Grass / Weed Control Ordinance
- Snowmobile Use
- Snow Removal/Parking
- Marihuana Ordinance 22-01
- Off Road Vehicles
- Permises Identifaction Policy
- Refuse & Recycling bins may be placed on curb no earlier than 5 pm Monday evening, and no later than 7 am Tuesday morning. Furthermore, they will need to be pulled back in no later than 6 pm Tuesday evening. We understand these time frames do not mesh with everyone’s schedule, and are willing to work with residents who have a legit schedule conflict/no other options. This ordinance revision is meant not to be a burden, but to set clearer standards on cleanliness expectations within city limits.
- One bulky item may be placed on the curb no earlier than 5 pm Monday on the 1st Tuesday of each month FREE OF CHARGE! Examples of items would be: mattress, table, chair, couch, vacuum, microwave, tv, etc. You cannot use a black or other color garbage bag as your 1 item. If you have any questions, please call city hall.
- In accordance with the International Property Maintenance Code all buildings in the city must be properly addressed in such a way as to be plainly visible and legible from the street or road fronting the property.